Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10 February 2010

Back at it...

A short hiatus whilst I settled in to a new job. Back at it now. Today I received a quote from State Records for digitising some of the photos from their WW1 collection. An incredibly cheap $7.30 plus postage etc for as many pics as I want on CD. Insane, but good.
So tomorrow morning my order goes in the post for the first 37 photos, to be closely followed by lots of blog posts, as many of the pics are of men I have already done the basic research on.
Last week I also took delivery of three battalion and regimental histories I ordered from Regimental Books, 'Second to None' (32nd Battalion AIF), 'Hurcombe's Hungry Half Hundred' (50th Battalion AIF) and 'The Story of the 3rd Australian Light Horse Regiment' (obviously 3rd Light Horse...). Still waiting on the 48th Battalion AIF history. And when I can afford it, the 10th and 27th Battalion histories ($150 each or something...). The ones I got are great, and are helping with placing individual stories in the context of their unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment